Spin Off Autumn Retreat (Lake Lawn Resort, Delavan, Wisconsin - October 23–28, 2022)
By July 31st, 2022, you will receive a survey to request the Intensive + Sampler classes you would like to be in. We will do our best to place everyone in your requested classes. If we're not able to accommodate your request, we are happy to offer a full refund.
There are fewer than 80 spaces total for this incredible handspinning experience! Spend four days expanding your skills and deepening your passion for spinning along in a warm, spirited community of fellow spinners. Learn from some of the greatest spinning teachers and fiber artists in the world, including:
- Maggie Casey, instructor of The Spinning Teacher and author of Start Spinning
- Louie García, Pueblo fiber artist of Tiwa and Piro heritage
- Stephenie Gaustad, illustrator and author of Practical Spinner’s Guide: Cotton, Flax & Hemp
- Stefania Isaacson, natural dyer and author of In Search of the Perfect Green — and Orange, too!
- Kate Larson, editor of Spin Off and PieceWork magazines and author of Practical Spinner’s Guide: Wool
- Judith MacKenzie, author of Teach Yourself Visually: Handspinning and The Intentional Spinnerand textile raconteur
- Rebecca Mezoff, award-winning tapestry weaver and author of The Art of Tapestry Weaving
- John Mullarkey, author and tablet weaving instructor and the developer of the Schacht Zoom Loom
- Dia Robinson, teacher and proprietor, Twisted Urban Fiber Arts
- Angela Schneider, textile artist and project editor at Long Thread Media
- Karen Selk, founder of Treenway Silks and author of In Search of Wild Silk
You’ll study with accomplished fiber arts teachers, connect with fellow spinners from around the world, and relax in the serene lakeside atmosphere.
All accommodations, breakfasts, lunches, dinners, classes, materials fees, and evening events are included, but space is limited. Tickets start at $2,499.99 for the full retreat.
Participants will be invited to choose classes on a first purchased, first choice basis. Attendees will receive a link to build your schedule by July 31st, 2022.
Room Types (All Private Rooms Single Occupancy):
- Private Room (King Bed): You will have your own room for 5 nights with a private bathroom.
Shared Room (2 Queen Beds): You will be in a room with another attendee for 5 nights and sharing a bathroom.
Questions? Contact us at email@example.com
NOTE: If there is someone you'd like to share a room with, please make that note in the checkout notes.
Thank you, Sponsors
If you weave, spin, knit, crochet, cross-stitch, needlepoint, hand-stitch, braid (kumihimo), create silk fusion, fiber art, nuno felt, mixed media or make paper, you'll find the silk that works for you at Treenway Silks
Yarn Barn of Kansas
The Yarn Barn of Kansas has been supplying Knitters, Weavers, Spinners, and all fiber crafters and artists with yarn, patterns, equipment, and accessories since 1971. Whether you are around the corner from us in downtown Lawrence Kansas, or around the country, the Yarn Barn truly is your "local yarn store" with an experienced staff to answer all your questions. Call us today at 800-468-0035 or visit our website at www.yarnbarn-ks.com to shop, learn, and explore.